What can I do or how can residents help?

Residents can assist the Police Department by serving as our eyes and ears. If you see illegal fireworks being ignited, please call the Police Department and provide as much detail as possible about the offender.

A Chino police officer can issue a citation based on a private person arrest (PPA) through attestation if provided the following: evidence to support the claim (photos/video of violation) and the willingness of the witness to appear before the hearing officer to give his/her account of the facts. Residents who wish to report violations may call 909-628-1234. Please be prepared to give an address of the violation and a detailed description of the person, if possible.

Show All Answers

1. My neighbors are setting off illegal fireworks, why haven't they been cited?
2. What is the Chino Police Department (PD) doing?
3. Can you use drones to cite people?
4. Why does the City allow safe and sane fireworks?
5. Can the fine for illegal fireworks be increased?
6. What can I do or how can residents help?
7. I live in the county area; how can I report illegal fireworks use?
8. What if I think that eliminating the sale of safe and sane fireworks in Chino will stop illegal fireworks?