Title 20 of the Chino Municipal Code is the City's Zoning Ordinance. The purpose of the Zoning Ordinance is to designate, regulate and restrict the location and use of buildings, structures and land for agricultural, residential, commercial, and industrial uses; to regulate and limit the height, number of stories and size of buildings and other structures erected or altered; regulate and limit the density of population; and for said purpose to divide the City into zones of such number, shape and area as may be deemed best suited to carry out these regulations. The Zoning Ordinance is divided into chapters, as listed in the following section.
Please note that there is legislation which has been enacted, but not yet codified. Please visit the Municipal Code website to view the City Ordinances reflecting the new legislation. You may also use this website to view the City's Zoning Ordinance.
Zoning Ordinance Chapters
- Chapter 20.01 - Purpose and Effect of the Zoning Code
- Chapter 20.02 - Interpretation of the Zoning Code
- Chapter 20.03 - Zoning Districts and Zoning Map
- Chapter 20.04 - Residential Zoning Districts
- Chapter 20.05 - Mixed Use Zoning Districts
- Chapter 20.06 - Commercial Zoning Districts
- Chapter 20.07 - Industrial Zoning Districts
- Chapter 20.08 - Agriculture, Open Space, and Public Zoning Districts
- Chapter 20.09 - Overlay Districts
- Chapter 20.10 - Standards for All Development and Land Uses
- Chapter 20.11 - Accessory Structures
- Chapter 20.12 - Temporary Uses and Structures
- Chapter 20.13 - Small Lot Residential Subdivisions
- Chapter 20.14 - Residential Density Bonuses
- Chapter 20.15 - Measure M General Plan Initiative
- Chapter 20.16 - Right to Farm
- Chapter 20.17 - Design Standards
- Chapter 20.18 - Parking
- Chapter 20.19 - Landscaping
- Chapter 20.20 - Nonconforming Uses, Structures, and Parcels
- Chapter 20.21 - Standards for Specific Land Uses
- Chapter 20.22 - Telecommunication Facilities
- Chapter 20.23 - Administration
- Chapter 20.24 - Glossary
Zoning districts establish allowed uses and development standards for each zoning district. In order to see the Development Standards or allowed uses, click on the district in which you wish to view or you may visit the Planning Division. In addition, the zoning is mapped on the City's Official Zoning Map which is on display at the Planning Division counter and can be viewed on our Maps page.
View the City's Sign Code.