Welcome to the City of Chino's Resident Roundup, where you'll find the latest information about topics that enrich life in Chino. For the latest news, you can visit our press release page and the Mayor's Message.
Current Road Closures
***Construction Activity Closes Road***
On Sat. 2/25/17 westbound Kimball Ave. will be closed, and eastbound traffic will be limited to one lane from Euclid to Fern Ave., between the hours of 7 a.m.- 3 p.m.
City Manager addresses concerns from South Chino Residents
After the last severe storm of January 2017, City of Chino officials received 38 letters from residents in South Chino concerned with flooding in the area and road closures. Consequently, the City Manager provided City Council will an update on project improvements specifically related to traffic and road conditions. For your information, below are links to the information available:
2. City Manager’s City Council update at the City Council meeting on February 7, 2017. Please click on City Manager's reports from the left sidebar menu.
Water Utility Updates
Upcoming Treatment Plant Shutdown
The Water Facilities Authority will undergo a regional imported water treatment plant shutdown beginning December 19, 2016. Each of the Authority’s five member agencies, the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Ontario, Upland, and Monte Vista Water District, plan to meet their demands during the shutdowns due in part to current efficient water use habits and past investments in local water supplies.
The extended shutdown is expected to occur over a 3 ½ month period, from approximately December 19, 2016 through March 31, 2017. This longer shutdown will allow the Authority to perform necessary and extensive treatment plant repairs and upgrades, including concrete channel rehabilitation and reservoir repairs.
Five Facts about the temporary plant shutdown:
- Chino residents will have water
- Water quality will not be affected
- WFA treatment plant supplies 1/3 of Chino's water
- A slight decrease in water pressure is likely
- Continue to CONSERVE water during these months. For conservation information, please visit the city water conservation page. Additionally, water restrictions are remain in effect (see below).
Water Fund Overview
The Finance and Public Works Department has prepared a brief overview regarding the State of the Water fund. The following presentation summarizes water fund allocations, fund balances and projections, as well as adopted Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs).