Fireworks in Chino
City reminds community only safe and sane fireworks are permitted; Increased enforcement
With Independence Day celebrations quickly approaching, the City of Chino would like to remind all residents about the City Ordinance regulating the use of fireworks:
• The Chino Municipal Code only allows for the sale and discharge of “safe and sane” fireworks from July 1, 2018 to July 4, 2018.
• Fireworks are NOT allowed outside of a residential zone, in any public park, south of Pine Avenue or on the Airport property.
• There is a $500 fine for the inappropriate use of “safe and sane” fireworks. Using “safe and sane” fireworks outside of a residential zone, on days other than July 1-4, or modifying the device is illegal and subject to the fine.
• The fine for possession of illegal fireworks is $1,000. This includes any firework that explodes, flies in the air, or does not have the “safe and sane” State Fire Marshall logo. Property owners where illegal fireworks are used, can also be fined, even if they do not know the individual shooting off the fireworks.
• Anyone with a cell phone can help stop the use of illegal fireworks by taking a photo and reporting offenders to the Chino Police Department at (909) 628-1234.
The Chino Police Department will be increasing enforcement efforts as the 4th of July approaches and will continue its efforts for a period afterward. To date, approximately 1,200 pounds of fireworks have already been seized and six arrests have been made.
If you see something, say something. Call the Chino Police Department at 909-628-1234 if you observe dangerous or illegal activities. Together, we can enjoy a safe holiday!